Busy: Painting the sky – Cueing bird songs – Setting up lawn chairs
Queer Music Fest - Film Festival – Smash Words - A few Affiliated Events
A dozen new films at this year’s Toronto Queer West International Film Festival
Saturday August 9 Buddies In Bad Times Theatre
Hear Jamieson M. Eakin & many others @ Alterna Queer Music Fest
Jamieson doing the Hungarian Roma song, Mori Shej by Kalyi Jag. Friday August 8 @ The Sister
Human Rights Unconference with Trans teacher Lee Hicks & Film Dir: Azed Majeed
Friday August 9 @ Buddies In Bad Times Theatre.
Testimonial – “Every summer in August, Queer West celebrates its lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered artistic community with the Queer Arts Festival– a week-long event that includes a film festival, spoken word events, concerts, art gallery tours by bicycle, and more. Take in art that challenges and explores the concept of sexuality.” ~ Tourism Toronto
Festival Planning News 2014
Friday April 18 4 pm – Waiting venue confirmation for Smash Words for Sunday August 10, 2014…Planning continues on other festival events.
Tuesday April 1, 2014 8 pm – Rendezvous with Madness Film Festival will be co-presenting and helping to promote the Queer West Film Festival Human Rights Unconference event with Lee Hicks the Toronto trans teacher presentation & Q & A on Aug 9th., exciting times ahead for Toronto Queer Arts Festival. Mutual cooperation will be beneficial to both NPO organizations
Arts Collective Festival volunteers…
- Zoma M. - (Whitby Ontario) will be the event manager for the film festival (Making a program guide, audience Introduction on opening night and facilitating the Lee Hicks event.)
- Richa B.- (Brampton ON) She is the event manager for Alternaqueer music festival. Designing poster and audience introduction of special guests and bands
- Philip Cairns (Toronto ON) MCing and event manager for Smash Words Festival
- Michel F. Paré (A Retired Senior) – (A long volunteer and one of the founders of queerwest.org) is this years festival artistic director and will be overseeing the entire festival and working as volunteer coordinator.
- Randy G. (A Retired Senior) will be joining us when his Pride volunteering is over and is exciting about, volunteering for a queer arts festival in his west end neighbourhood.
We only need about about ten volunteers. but four or five is better.
With little funding, a small team of dedicated volunteers Queer West manages to miraculously produce a moderately successful festival year after year and no debts. Queer West Fest has always stayed true to its community roots. Its continuing success is due to the incredible efforts of so many passionate volunteers, though we also can’t overlook the invaluable contributions from our loyal sponsors.
email@example.com – 416-879-7954
Gay West Community Network Inc (Queer West) was founded in 2000 and incorporated in 2008, as a not for profit organization. We are dedicated to producing performing arts festivals for the purposes of educating and advancing the public’s understanding and appreciation of performing arts and to educate artists through participation in such festivals and related workshops.
Mailing Address 562 Dufferin St. 2nd floor B1 Toronto ON M6K 2A9. Visits By Appointment Only. 416-879-7954 firstname.lastname@example.org